2/14/2012

45.

"O the deep, deep love of  Jesus,
Vast, unmeasured, boundless, free.
Rolling as a mighty ocean,
In its fulness over me!
Underneath me, all around me
Is the current of Thy love.
Leading onward, leading homeward,
To Thy glorious rest above!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Love of every love the best!" || S. Townsend

Today is Valentine's day.
And this is the 100th post for this little blog. [Be proud for me, because it hasn't happened before...ever. I usually delete my blog and start afresh before I have half so many posts on it!]
This is also my fifth of six days off from work! How that ever happened, I'll never know...but I'm sure enjoying it! :)

We made today a special day...with pretty decor, and fancy food, and candy, and sweet gestures of love...making others happy makes me happy, and that's kind of what this day is all about anyway, isn't it?
I was pretty sure it was not going to be a joy-ride being twenty-five and [still] single on the one day of the year that celebrates love in all it's finery, but I was actually okay with it today. I guess the older I get, the more I realize that this day isn't meant just for people in love...it's meant for everyone. Young and old, single and taken. :) Choosing to focus on showing love to others, instead of mourning the small fact that this holiday will probably never be a romantic one for me, has made this day so much happier for me! Serving others, instead of focusing on oneself is the better choice...if only I can remember that! ;)

And the older I get the more I realize that Jesus' love is the greatest gift of all.
We can never, ever hope to even try to deserve that kind of love, but He gives it to us regardless, making us wretches His perfect treasures. And I want that love--the best and most satisfying of all loves--to be enough for me.

 
  
 

Completely unrelated to anything is this cardigan, which I positively adore. >>
Top
xoxo,
♥, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment