1/02/2012

2.

"There is no comfort in anything apart from thee
and being engaged in thy service;
Thou art all in all, and all enjoyments are what
to me thou makest them, and no more...
I can of myself do nothing to glorify thy blessed name,
but I can through grace cheerfully surrender
soul and body to thee..." || The Valley of Vision

To be engaged is to be busy, occupied, or involved with, and to be pledged to. No satisfaction in life compares to that which comes by being completely occupied with the things of God...with God Himself. I want so much to be so entirely engaged with Jesus that every other matter or concern I have pales in contrast to Him...

I spent the greater part of the day with some of my favorite children...some of them friends, and some of them my own not-so-little-anymore siblings. They grow so fast. It's as if I've merely blinked and they are all of the sudden years older than I remember them being. How does that happen?? Yesterday I was rocking them to sleep, and today they're almost as tall as I am... We played games, and played in the snow, and drank peppermint bark hot cocoa, and ate toasted cheese sandwiches, and they styled my hair. :) We watched movies, and I cried, just like I always do when I watch movies...I'm so sentimental.
And we giggled. A lot. :)

xoxo,
♥ Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment